Lt-General A K Bhatt appointed as Director-General of Military Operations
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet on Monday approved appointment of Lieutenant General AK Bhatt as the Indian Army's new Director General of Military Operations.
- He will replace Lt Gen Ranbir Singh
47th IFFI Concluded in Goa
- The Iranian film 'Daughter' won Best Film and Best Actor (Male) at the 47th International Film Festival of India on Monday
- Legendary Korean filmmaker Im Kwon-Taek was honoured with ‘The Lifetime Achievement Award’
RBI relaxes cash withdrawal limits from bank accounts
- The Reserve Bank of India late Monday issued a notification relaxing current cash withdrawal limits of legal tender notes at banks and ATMs on or after November 29
- The withdrawals will be available in higher denominations bank notes of Rs 2000 and Rs 500.
'Xenophobia' is Dictionary.com's Word of the Year for 2016
- The website Dictionary.com named the word 'Xenophobia' as the Word of the Year for 2016 replacing Post Truth
- The word literally means fear of strangers or fear of foreign culture different from one’s own
Argentina beat Croatia to clinch maiden Davis Cup title
- Argentina lifted their first Davis Cup title after after defeating Croatia in the final
- The Davis Cup is the premier international team event in men's tennis.
Goa will be first state to go cashless from December 31
- Goa becomes the first state in India to go cashless from December 31
- One has to dial *99# from their mobile phone, not necessarily a smart phone, and follow the instructions to complete the transcation.
Conflicts of Interest: My Journey through India's Green Movement authored by Sunita Narain
- Penguin India on Monday announced that it has acquired Sunita Narains "Conflicts of Interest: My Journey through Indias Green Movement".
- Sunitha Narain is a noted environmentalist
Ola teams up with SBI, PNB for setting up mobile ATMs.
- Indian online transportation network company Ola cabs has tied up with lenders like State Bank of India (SBI) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) to set up mobile ATM in the cab to help people withdraw cash easily.