Employees Online (EO) Mobile App of DoPT launched
- The Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has launched Employees Online (EO) App.
- Enables its users to stay updated on vacancies and postings on a real time basis
India, Russia agree to double the range of BrahMos Missile
- India and Russia have agreed to double the range of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from 290 km to over 600 km
- This decision was taken during the meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin
Spain's conservative Rajoy voted back to power
- Spain's parliament voted conservative Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy back into power Saturday.
- One hundred and seventy lawmakers voted for Rajoy, 111 against, and 68 abstained
World Bank appoints Kristalina Georgieva as chief executive
- Kristalina Georgieva has been appointed chief executive of World bank.
- She has been appointed CEO of International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD and International Development Association (IDA), lending arms for middle-income and poor countries known collectively as the World Bank.
SBI to allot shares to government for capital infusion
- The country’s largest lender SBI Saturday said it would issue shares on preferential basis to the Government for capital infusion of Rs 5,681 crore.
- The bank has also sought approval from government and RBI to increase the issued capital by raising additional equity share capital up to Rs 5,681 crore by way of preferential issue to the government
Startups can raise USD 3 million via ECBs annually
- Startups were permitted to raise External Commercial Borrowings(ECB) USD 3 million by RBI
- The borrowing should be denominated in any freely convertible currency or in Indian Rupees (INR) or a combination thereof.
October 31st has been declared in India as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) is observed across India on 31 October to commemorate birth anniversary of Independent India’s first Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
- 2016 Theme: “Integration of India”.
The world is observing October 31st as World Cities Day
- The World is observing Cities Day globally on 31st October to work together for a planned and sustainable urban life.
- 2016 Theme: “Inclusive Cities, Shared Development“. It highlights the role of urbanization as a source of global development and social inclusion.
First meeting of NCTF held in New Delhi
- The first meeting of National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF) was held in New Delhi.
- Ways for developing roadmap for implementation of WTOs trade facilitation agreement was discussed
It was headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha and was attended by all 24 members along with secretaries of various ministries and departments like Home, Shipping, Civil Aviation.
EU, Canada sign CETA
- The European Union (EU) and Canada have signed Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), a landmark trade deal.
- The deal was signed by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and top European Union officials in Brussels, Belgium